Listen below or click here for full show notes
- (from TrekMovie.com) Breaking! – Episode Titles For ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Chapter 2 Revealed – TrekMovie.com
- (from Deadline.com) – Quentin Tarantino Hatches New Star Trek Movie; JJ Abrams produces | Deadline
- (From Entertainment Weekly) – Dakota Fanning is a Star Trek fan on a mission in Please Stand By trailer | EW.com
- (from ComicBook.com) – Christian Slater Stole His ‘Star Trek VI’ Uniform
- (from SyFy.com) – Star Trek’s Romulan ale how-to video
- (from TV Overmind.com) – Three Star Trek Technologies We Don’t Actually Want In Real Life
- (From ElecTrek.CO) – Star Trek Foundation funds WARP solar water purification system in Puerto Rico | Electrek
- (from ChiefOBrienAtWork.com) – CHIEF O’BRIEN AT WORK – EPISODE 194: Better Safe than Sorry Read the…
- (from ActionFigureInsider.com) – Action Figure Insider » EAGLEMOSS DEBUTS NEW STAR TREK STARSHIPS RETAIL PACKAGING
- (from TVinsider.com) – ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Original Series Soundtrack to Be Released – TV Insider
Okay. Let’s assume Quentin Tarantino is actually going to direct a Star Trek film. What do we think about that?
- Will it further alienate people with regards to how far the franchise has strayed from Gene’s vision?
- Will it bring in a new audience?
- Will it be a hot mess?
- Who else’s Trek vision would you like to see brought to the screen?
Warp Speed Roundtable
Now that we’re safely back on board, it’s time to take on one rapid-fire topic in our Warp Speed Roundtable.
Name of Game
Pick a Pet, Round 2
Once again, listener Diane has presented us with a choice of which pet we would like to have. And she promises that this is a kinder, gentler selection than the one we did back in episode 7. By the way, if anyone out there has suggestions for our Warp Speed Roundtable, just go to our Facebook page and leave us a note.
So, back to Diane’s choices. Which of these would you rather have, and why?
- Dr. Phlox’s Pyrithian Bat
- Miles O’Brien’s Lycosa Tarantula, Christina
- Captain Picard’s Lionfish, Livingston
Reminder, if anyone out there has suggestions for our Warp Speed Roundtable, just go to our Facebook page and leave us a note
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribed, so you’ll never miss an episode.
Until next time, on behalf of Chuck, Kreg and myself, I’m Clinton, thanking you for listening. And, as we always say here on “The Topic is Trek”:
“Don’t put on the red shirt!”