Listen below or click here for full show notes
Quick shout out to some of the folks on “Star Trek: Discovery” who were nominated for an Emmy:
- Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup (Series, limited series, movie or special), for the show’s first season finale episode “Will You Take My Hand?”
- Outstanding Sound Editing For A Comedy or Drama (One Hour), for the episode “What’s Past Is Prologue.”
- ‘Star Trek 4’: New Details on Production Start, Possible Filming Locations Reportedly Revealed
- ‘Star Trek’: William Shatner Says He Did Not Approve Captain Kirk Statue
- Star Trek vodka contains alcohol ‘from space’ | Fox News
- Additional Mego STAR TREK Retro Figures Revealed | TrekCore Blog
- Zachary Quinto Talks R-Rated Tarantino Star Trek And How It Might Be His Last Time As Spock – TrekMovie.com
Additional Stories we just couldn’t get to:
- Star Trek actor Roger Perry dies at the age of 85 following a battle with prostate cancer
- New Trek-Themed Coins – TrekToday
- Even Shakespeare gets in on Star Trek craze | Marysville Globe
- Check Out The ‘Discovery’ USS Enterprise In Action, From ‘Star Trek Adversaries’ Online CCG – TrekMovie.com
- The science behind ‘Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan’ explained at Alamo Drafthouse – SFGate
- Nicholas Meyer reveals why humor matters in Star Trek and science fiction | SYFY WIRE
- Exclusive: Early Defiant concept art from the vaults of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- SDCC18: Anovos Shows Off $9000 ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ USS Enterprise Replica And More – TrekMovie.com
We’re going to skip news from Vulcan, Alberta, Canada:again this episode, because we have a book review from Kreg:
Desperate Hours by David Mack
- Set one year before “The Vulcan Hello”
- Michael had just been made First Officer
- You get a deeper insight into Burnham, Georgiou and Saru
- Georgiou really shines here and gives her more depth
- There is a planetary threat that brings The Enterprise into the story in a supporting role
- There is a face off between Pike and Georgiou which is excellent and shows you that Georgiou is a strong match for Pike
- As for Saru, he is paired with Number One/Commander Una from The Enterprise for a subplot
- We get a little more insight on his thoughts and motivations
- We also get some more detail about Una as she fills in some more of her Character though dialog
Overall, I enjoyed the dive exploration into these characters a little more and it brings a greater context to things if you keep in mind that this came out right after the 2 episode premiere
Now it’s time to head out on our Main Mission, where we’ll take a Z minus 10 thousand meter deep dive into one subject — and try to stay on course.
- Huge Discovery poster in San Diego’s Gaslamp District, near the convention center
- SDCC18: Watch ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Cast Deliver Donuts To Fans Waiting In Hall H Line – TrekMovie.com
HIghlights of the panel, that included the show’s executive producers Alex Kurtzman and Heather Kadin, as well as actors Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Shazad Latif, Mary Wiseman, Anthony Rapp, Wilson Cruz, Mary Chieffo and Anson Mount (who portrays Captain Pike). Tig Nataro moderated the panel. She will be playing Reno, Chief Engineer on another starship.
If you could choose anyone to be the voice of the computer on the Discovery, who would it be?
End Of Show
It’s about time to refill the dilithium chamber and get on out of here.
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribe, so you’ll never miss an episode.
Until next time, on behalf of Chuck, Kreg and myself, I’m Clinton, thanking you for listening. And, as we always say here on “The Topic Is Trek”
Don’t put on the red shirt!