Listen below or click here for full show notes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Smithsonian-Designed Online Course ‘Star Trek: Inspiring Culture and Technology’ Launches – TrekMovie.com
- Learn Star Trek’s 52-year History at the Roddenberry Nexus – VRFocus
- [#STLV] The Best Cosplay from Star Trek Las Vegas 2018 | TREKNEWS.NET
- This ‘Star Trek’-Inspired Space Station Experiment Helps Scientists Study Earth
- Douglas Grindstaff, ‘Star Trek’ Sound Whiz, Dies at 87 – The New York Times
- Star Trek: Discovery’s Spock will be played by Gregory Peck’s grandson – The Verge
Additional stories we did not have time to cover
- Star Trek Writer Ronald D. Moore on Fear of Franchise Fatigue
- Have new Star Trek TV series titles been revealed?
- Star Trek: Jeri Ryan Was Asked to Replace Someone in ‘Nemesis’, but Not Marina Sirtis
- ‘Star Trek’ actress Nichelle Nichols at center of legal feud | abc13.com
- Exclusive: Titan Books’ new Star Trek: Lost Scenes blasts into bold territory Exclusive: Titan Book’s new Star Trek: Lost Scenes blasts into bold territory | SYFY WIRE
- ‘Star Trek Adversaries: Romulan Invasion’ Trailer Released
- Tig Notaro and John Cho Bond Over Their Star Trek Acting | The Mary Sue
- Shmaltz Profit Motive Beer Launched At STLV To Celebrate ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ – TrekMovie.com
We have TWO main missions this week!
- ‘Star Trek 4’ Uncertain as Chris Pine and Chris Hemsworth Drop Out: Report
- Watch Patrick Stewart Get Emotional Announcing His Return to Star Trek
Follow-up on our question from last episode: If you could choose anyone to be the voice of the computer on the Discovery, who would it be?
Listener Diane wrote in to say “I would have said Patrick as well before you all brought it up but I was thinking it would be funnier if the voice was a famous computer so how about HAL! Or Holly – runner up Lost in Space robot or Gort!”
She also followed up with another suggestion “How frustrating would it be if it was Steven Wright!”
We also asked the question on Facebook and got a huge list of answers:
- Neil Degrasse Tyson
- Placido Domingo
- Gene Roddenberry
- Mr. T
- Paul Reubens (REX LIVES!)
- The voice of Siri
- Jim Dale
- Ving Rhames as Marsellus Wallace
- James Earl Jones
- Mira Furlan
- Morgan Freeman
- Majel Barrett
- Nichelle Nichols
- Betty White (but only as her Golden Girls character, Rose)
This week, we’ve doing some more re-casting. Now that Jean Luc Picard is back, it would be interesting to see one of his dear friends return. Namely, Lwaxana Troi, daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. Of course, Lwaxana was originally played by Majel Barrett, who passed away in 2008.
The Question: Who would you cast to appear as the larger-than-life Lwaxana?
End Of Show
It’s about time to refill the dilithium chamber and get on out of here.
- Find Clinton at Comedy4Cast
- Find Chuck and Kreg at Technorama Podcast
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribe, so you’ll never miss an episode.
We’d love to hear from you. Follow us on Twitter (@thetopicistrek), visit our Facebook page or visit thetopicistrek.com
Until next time…
Don’t put on the red shirt!