Star Trek’s official Web site also took a positive stand on Black Lives Matter https://www.startrek.com/videos/we-support-black-lives-matter
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s 6 Best Morale-Boosting TV Dramas for People of Color | Hollywood Reporter
- ‘Star Trek: Voyager’ Reunion Sets ‘Stars In The House’ Donation Record – Deadline
- Bryan Fuller Describes ‘Star Trek: Voyager’ Serialized “Year Of Hell” Season Rejected By Rick Berman – TrekMovie.com
- Annual Star Trek convention in Las Vegas announces new dates, location
- Doug Jones, Nichelle Nichols, Nana Visitor, Robert Beltran & More to Take Part in VIRTUAL TREK CON Next Month | TREKNEWS.NET | Your daily dose of Star Trek news and opinion
- Star Trek Deepfake Video Puts Leonard Nimoy In 2009 Movie
- Star Trek: Short Treks are out on Blu-Ray now! Here’s a review! MegaPodtastic
- Star Trek: Lower Decks showrunner McMahan to comedian Tompkins: “Consider yourself an alien!” — Daily Star Trek News
- Watch: This Fan-Made Replica Of The USS Enterprise-D Bridge Will Blow Your Mind – TrekMovie.com
47 additional stories we did not have time to cover, including articles about
- Star Trek: How Aliens Inspired TNG’s Data and Tasha Yar
- Talented violinist performs “evolution” of Star Trek theme tunes — Daily Star Trek News
- William Ware Theiss: In & Out of Uniform
- Kate Mulgrew reveals she would redo first season of ‘Star Trek: Voyager’ during cast reunion | Entertainment | albanyherald.com
- A Star Trek starter guide: How newbies should approach the franchise – CNET
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ Season 2 spoilers: Producer drops 4 meaty clues
- Every Star Trek Character Played By Jeffrey Combs, Ranked
- Star Trek Short Treks: Writing Mary Wiseman’s Sylvia Tilly In “Runaway”
- How The Search For Spock Changed the Way Star Trek Got Made
- Second Star Trek date went quite well for couple
- 10 Things We Learned From The Star Trek Voyager Cast Reunion
- Brent Spiner (Data) almost wasn’t part of Star Trek: Picard
- Wilson Cruz Shares His First Contact With Star Trek | Star Trek
- Star Trek fans join to fight injustice under the banner Trekkies Together
- To Live Long and Prosper, Replace Handshake With ‘Star Trek’ Vulcan Salute, U.K. Scientist Suggests
- ‘Star Trek’ Star George Takei on Coming Out as Gay and Getting Married – Variety
- Star Trek and Everwood Actress Stephanie Niznik passes away at 52
- Go behind the scenes of Star Trek: Short Treks with clips featuring Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Yeoh — Daily Star Trek News
- Ronald D. Moore explains how he got Star Trek’s open submission policy started — Daily Star Trek News
- Star Trek: Picard Collage Washable Face Mask | Star Trek
- Star Trek Season 3: What Went Wrong? | Den of Geek
- Star Trek: Why TNG’s Tasha Yar Was Killed (& How She Came Back)
- Star Trek: 3 ways it inspired NASA’s Artemis Accords
- Words We Know Because Of Star Trek | Dictionary.com
- Review: IDW Is Back With A New “Assignment” In Star Trek: Year Five #11 – TrekMovie.com
- Star Trek & Star Wars Both Repeat J.J. Abrams’ Worst Story Device
- Pride and Players’ Choice Arrive for Star Trek Timelines
- John Winston, Star Trek’s transporter chief Lt. Kyle, passed away in September 2019 at 91 — Daily Star Trek News
- Jason Isaacs Hints He Could Return To Star Trek As Prime Lorca – TrekMovie.com
- Star Trek’s Unlikely I Love Lucy Lucille Ball Connection
- William Shatner Would Be Open To Returning To Star Trek | Small Screen
- Remembering ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’s Much-Maligned Finale, 15 Years Later – TV Insider
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ VFX Supervisor On Sci-Fi Series’ Worldbuilding – Deadline
- The ‘Star Trek’ Movie William Shatner Said Was ‘Doomed’ From the Start
- All 7 STAR TREK Theme Songs Get a Stellar Violin Tribute – Nerdist
- What Former Star Trek Writer Ronald D. Moore Thinks Of Patrick Stewart’s Return In Picard – CINEMABLEND
- Star Trek: Discovery’s Jason Isaacs Has Promising News For Fans Who Want More Lorca – CINEMABLEND
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds: 5 Characters We Want To See In The Discovery Spin-Off (& 5 We Don’t)
- Challenge Yourself To Star Trek Online’s “No Win Scenarios” And Earn New Ships – MMO Bomb
- William Shatner: ‘If they wrote a good role for Captain Kirk and paid me well, why wouldn’t I do that?’ – inews.co.uk
- Jonathan Frakes Looks Forward To Directing ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ With His “Three Old Friends” – TrekMovie.com
- Jeffrey Combs Tells TrekMovie He’d “Embrace” ‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Role, If Offered – TrekMovie.com
- Watch: ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ Supercut Highlights Some Kind Of Thing You Never Noticed – TrekMovie.com
- People Have Been Mispronouncing ‘Star Trek’ Actor George Takei’s Name for Years, But He Doesn’t Mind
- Free Star Trek convention taking place in July with loads of names
- Dayton Ward Answers Questions About New Book, Agents of Influence
- Seven of Nine Was Always Queer
In Vulcan, Alberta, Canada news:
- The Vulcan Tourism and Trek Centre has reopened!
Vulcan’s municipal playgrounds, tourism centre reopening Monday | Vulcan Advocate
- Sadly, Vul-Con 2020, which was scheduled for July 24-26, is another victim of COVID-19. Vul-Con will return in 2021.
COVID-19 Forces “Vul-Con” To Cancel For 2020 – HighRiverOnline.com
We’re continuing our review of “Star Trek: The Animated Series.” with episodes 6, 7 and 8 from Season One.
- “The Survivor” written by James Schmerer
First aired on October 13, 1973
Fun facts. Actor Ted Knight, perhaps best known for playing the role of Ted Baxter on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” gave an uncredited performance, voicing Carter Winston. This is the only episode in which Dr. McCoy’s daughter, Joanna, is mentioned. And this is the first time we see Lt. M’Ress.
A famous humanitarian is found alive near the Romulan Neutral Zone after being missing for five years, but he may not be who he claims to be.
- “The Infinite Vulcan” written by Walter Koenig
First aired on October 20 1973
Fun facts: Walter Koenig was hired to write a script for The Animated Series before he knew that he would not be reprising his role as Chekov. While the concept of dealing with cloning was his, Koenig says that talking plants were Roddenberry’s idea. Gene felt that since animation freed the production to show anything, they needed to take advantage of the opportunity. Koenig was not fond of the plant idea and he had to work through between 10 and 12 drafts to come up with a working script.
A species of intelligent plants, led by a clone of a Eugenics Wars-era scientist, clones Spock with the intentions of creating a master race to keep the peace.
- “The Magicks of Megas-Tu” written by Larry Brody
First aired on October 27, 1973
Fun facts: While the NBC sensors rejected the idea of the story referencing God, they had no problem with the Enterprise crew interacting with the Devil. This episode features another notable, and uncredited, voice. The prosecutor at the Salem Witch Trial, Asmodeus, was voiced by Ed Bishop,
While on a mission to find the “creation point,” an area in the galactic core, where matter was being created, the Enterprise is caught inside an energy/matter tornado. Emerging from the storm, the crew encounter a world where magic works and science doesn’t.
Warp Speed Round Table
Last time around we asked “”Shuttlepod or Airlock: Cyrano Jones””
We received a comment from listener Diane, saying “since I was once Cyrano Jones for a night I cannot in good faith put him out an airlock!”
This time around…”How would we know if it was a Vendorian impersonating you?”
End of the Show
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribe, so you’ll never miss an episode.
Don’t put on the red shirt!