Listen below or click here for full show notes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Renewed For Season 3 At CBS All Access | Deadline
- CBS reached its streaming subscription target two years early
- Star Trek Discovery could be coming to CBS cable soon!
- Star Wars TV Production Begins In The U.K. – Fantha Tracks
- Star Trek Animated Series Eyed At Nickelodeon | Deadline
- Ottawa’s Xavier Sotelo going where no Latino actor has gone before | CBC News
- William Shatner Says He Wouldn’t Return For A Star Trek TV Series
- First Look At IDW Star Trek Comics Coming In May + Graphic Novel About George
- Takei – TrekMovie.com
- Eaglemoss Celebrates NYTF with New Star Trek, Harry Potter Statues
- Boldly Cruising to Marriage
News from Vulcan, Alberta, Canada
21 additional stories we didn’t have time to cover:
- Star Trek Discovery actor was really disappointed to be killed off
- Star Trek: Discovery’s General Order One Is Likely Evolving into the Prime Directive | Tor.com
- Dawn of the New Everything, by Jaron Lanier (book review) – PopMatters
- Here’s why Star Trek: Discovery’s empowering costumes are gender neutral
- Star Trek: Discovery revives the emotional Trek tradition of sci-fi resurrection | SYFY WIRE
- Watch ‘Star Trek’s William Shatner Perform at the Grand Ole Opry
- Comparing ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ and ‘The Orville’s’ Big Gay Episodes
- New Star Trek Series on Long Range Scanners! Eight Simultaneous Trek Productions?! – GWW
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Redefines Section 31’s Role Within Starfleet
- Spock vs. McCoy Across the Timelines
- Star Trek: 30 Weird Things About Vulcan Anatomy | ScreenRant
- Star Trek Discovery Theory: The Red Angel Is Spock (From The Future)
- Star Trek: Discovery Easter Egg Could Mean Section 31 Is Time Traveling | Tor.com
- Mego Eight And Fourteen Inch Star Trek Figures – TrekToday
- Anson Mount Joins Captains Beaming to STLV 2019
- Wilson Cruz And Anthony Rapp On ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Changes For Culber, Stamets And The Spore Drive – TrekMovie.com
- Captain Spock or Captain Sulu how the Kelvin Star Trek franchise should move forward
- What I’ve Learned from Saru
- Star Trek: Discovery season 2’s Klingon redesign explained by show’s costume designer
- QMx Star Trek: TOS Sulu Figure – TrekToday
- The Big Bang Theory: See William Shatner Getting Nerdy With Kevin Smith And More
This time around we’ll be discussing the second two episodes of season two of “Star Trek: Discovery” — “Saints of Imperfection” and “The Sound of Thunder”
Last time we asked: Who is your least favorite “Star Trek” character of all time?
Diane: I HATE Alexander! Also Janet Lester
Chris: Back in the day it was Wesley Crusher. But I came to appreciate Wil Wheaton and so now I see Wesley differently.
Crazy Joe: here is my three with honorable mention: My three least favorite Star trek characters: 1. SHINZON (for all the reasons Kreg already mentioned) 2. Seska (Never could stand her) 3. Tuvok (Vulcans suppress emotion. Actor Tim Russ interpreted that to mean ‘act like a cranky a-hole’. Nimoy’s Spock, Quinto’s Spock, and Jolene Blalock as T’Pol all managed to act unemotional but still be likable. Tuvok always just felt like a jerk) Honorable mention: Diane Warren. Ok, so she’s not a character. But she wrote ‘Faith of the Heart’ and that alone earns her a place on my list.
This time around, it’s another edition of “Shuttlepod or Airlock?”
Our character up for discussion: Nero (“Star Trek” 2009)
End Of Show
- Find Clinton at Comedy4Cast
- Find Chuck and Kreg at Technorama Podcast
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribe, so you’ll never miss an episode.
We’d love to hear from you. Follow us on Twitter (@thetopicistrek), visit our Facebook page or visit thetopicistrek.com
Don’t put on the red shirt!