Listen below or click here for full show notes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- An uncertain future looms in the trailer for Star Trek Short Treks: Calypso An uncertain future looms in the trailer for Star Trek Short Treks: Calypso
- A Rick and Morty writer will take Star Trek where no Trek has gone before–comedy | Ars Technica
- ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine:’ Check Out The Newest Starship To Join The Fleet!
- Michael Dorn Is Not Giving Up On The Idea Of A Worf Spin-Off
- Star Trek: Kate Mulgrew Wants to Return in Movie With William Shatner, Patrick Stewart
- Star Trek: TOS Scotty 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure – Quantum Mechanix
- No Headset? A VR Space Like Star Trek’s “Holodeck” May Soon Become Reality – VRScout
- ‘Star Trek’ Predicts The Future Again As Humpbacks Fall Silent
This was Found by listener Rob Usdin on a Mego forum
Found by listener Diane
Additional stories we didn’t have time to cover:
- The Glamorous Life of an Engineer-Brewer: Jeff Moriarty of Tin Whiskers Brewing Company
- Star Trek: Karl Urban Shares a Memory of Leonard NimoyStar Trek: Karl Urban Shares a Memory of Leonard Nimoy
- DST UK: Jason Isaacs, Kate Mulgrew, Marina Sirtis And Michael Dorn Talk Returning To Star Trek, And More – TrekMovie.com
- Anton Yelchin Foundation Donates $1 Million to USC | Hollywood Reporter
- Film explores doomed TV shows saved by fans | Windsor Star
- New teaser for The Orville light on jokes | SYFY WIRE
This time around we will be talking about the just-announced new Star Trek animated series “Star Trek: Lower Decks.” And we’re not talking about the episode of “The Next Generation.”
- TNG Season 8 (@TNG_S8) | Twitter
- Warped: An Engaging Guide to the Never-Aired 8th Season
- Hulu Picks Up ‘Solar Opposites,’ New Show From ‘Rick & Morty’ Co-Creator Justin Roiland
Many of the ships in Starfleet have significant or legacy names, such as “Constitution,” “Dakota,” “Gandhi,” “Yamato,” Grissom,” “Bradbury,” “Potemkin,” “Crazy Horse,” “Sally Ride,” “Shran,” “Enterprise,” and the ship we talked about tonight, the “USS Emmett Till”. All have a great heritage. But, if you could give a ship a bit more frivolous name? What would you call the latest creation to leave the Utopia Planitia Fleet Yards?
End Of Show
- Find Clinton at Comedy4Cast
- Find Chuck and Kreg at Technorama Podcast
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribe, so you’ll never miss an episode.
We’d love to hear from you. Follow us on Twitter (@thetopicistrek), visit our Facebook page or visit thetopicistrek.com
Don’t put on the red shirt!