Listen below or click here for full show notes
- Lenovo Sets Computer to Stun, Unveils Star Trek Enterprise PC | Digital Trends
- Cease and desist forces impressive fan recreation of the Enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation to self destruct – Eurogamer.net
- Star Trek tricorder device could save countless lives – My Good Planet
- Patrick Stewart Tweets Pic Of ‘Star Trek’ Writers: ‘Journey Has Begun’ | Deadline
- James McAvoy wants to play young Picard in new Star Trek series | Metro News
- Star Trek: Rosario Dawson Wants to Play a Klingon In New Picard Series
- Star Trek: New Picard Story Set 20 Years Before ‘Next Generation’ Announced
- ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Director Wants a Shot at Star Trek
- Official ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 Poster Reveals Release Date And Teases Mystery – TrekMovie.com
- John M. Dwyer, the man who helped give Star Trek its unique look, has died at 83
- Gold Pressed Latinum (GPL) Cryptocurrency at $0.096008, Up 7.92 Percent on Top Exchanges Since This Time Yesterday, 24 Hour Volume Reaches $42 | Economics Gazette
- Current value: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/gold-pressed-latinum/
- “Star Trek” lead returning to Ti | Local News | pressrepublican.com
- Northeast Trek Convention | Home
Additional stories we just didn’t have time to get to:
- ‘Star Trek: Attack Wing’ Adding New Federation, Vulcan, Dominion Faction Packs
- NASA’s Star Trek dreams aren’t so crazy after all – CNET
- Star Trek: The 13 Most Amazing Captains (And 12 Who Should’ve Never Had Command)
- Star Trek icon William Shatner boldly goes into rock territory for Christmas album | Louder
- Star Trek: Discovery’s Captain Pike Explained: Who Is the Original Captain of the Enterprise Played by Anson Mount? – IGN
- ‘Star Trek Timelines’ to Expand With $29 Million Investment
- ‘Dark Phoenix’ Director Pitches James McAvoy as Young Picard in Star Trek
- ‘Star Trek Timelines’ Brings Back Holodeck Favorites for “Photonic Fantasies”
- Star Trek Cast Plays Which Captain Are You? | TV Guide
- Creating Antimatter On The Desktop — One Day | Hackaday
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Jonathan Frakes Completes Work, Shares Set Photo
- Star Trek timeline on TV – how the various series all fit together
- Star Trek Lunch with Roger C. Carmel
- Michael Dorn is glad he’s not playing Klingon in Star Trek: Discovery | Metro News
Now it’s time to head out on our Main Mission, where we’ll take a Z minus thousand meter deep dive into one subject — and try to stay on course.
Tonight we will be discussing the Short Treks episode “Runaway,” which premiered October 4th on CBS All Access.
First, a follow-up on last week’s question: You walk onto a used car lot and there are four salespeople. Which of these would you choose to sell you a used vehicle, and why? And the choices were Harry Mudd, Cyrano Jones, Garek and Q.
We got a few replies to that question online:
Michael P. said “Garek because although he can’t fully be trusted (especially if I was a Romulan representative), he is a “tailor” so he might honestly sell a decent car. Q would trick me somehow and make a lesson about the arrogance of humanity, Harry Mudd would absolutely scam me, and Cyrano Jones would sell me a car full of tribbles (at best)”
Ken L. answered this way: “Q because he would be able to deliver the car instantly. (And save you a boatload of money on transportation and dealer prep. he could also provide lots of extras.)”
And Brian P said: “Cyrano Jones. If the car multiplies in the same manner as tribbles, soon you would have enough used cars to open your own business.”
Now, to this week’s question.
Would you rather:
- Have the job of ending the Borg threat?
- Attempt to survive in the mirror universe?
- Have Cyrano Jones’s task of cleaning up all the tribbles on the K7 space station — without the help of the glommer?
End Of Show
If you liked the show, please be sure to tell a friend about it. And subscribe, so you’ll never miss an episode.
Don’t put on the red shirt!